Acupuncture for Women's Health
Women’s health is an area that Western medicine seems to only have so many solutions for—and many of those solutions are invasive and hormone-altering. The female reproductive system is complex and goes through a multitude of changes throughout a woman’s life—and even just throughout one month!
Acupuncture is the perfect natural way to support a woman's health in its many facets, throughout her whole lifetime.
Acupuncture can help treat:
● Insomnia: While all sorts of people experience insomnia for a variety of reasons, women are more likely to struggle with sleep trouble as compared to men. 40% of women in the United States experience insomnia at some point in their lives. Thankfully, clinical studies have shown that acupuncture is effective for improving sleep quality and duration!
● Menstrual Issues: It’s extremely common for women of all ages to experience complications during their menstrual cycles, varying in severity from bothersome to completely debilitating. Acupuncture is an incredible natural solution for many of the pains of menstruation, from headaches and mood swings to abdominal cramps and cycle irregularity.
○ While acupuncture is not a proven method of curing internal conditions like endometriosis, the symptoms of such disorders are greatly reduced through acupuncture treatments.
● Menopause and perimenopause: Menopause and perimenopause, the transitional time when a woman’s body exits the reproductive years, can be nearly unbearable for many women. Hot flashes, heart palpitations, urine leakage, vaginal dryness, anxiety and moodiness, and insomnia are just a handful of the slew of symptoms that come along with perimenopause—which acupuncture can help with.
● Pregnancy: Physical discomforts of pregnancy can also be alleviated with acupuncture treatments, especially pain in the lower back and pelvic area. Many women find that acupuncture helps ease morning sickness, too. And, of course, acupuncture can be a huge help with any sort of emotional distress, from depression to irritability.
Pro Tip: The regularity and consistency of your acupuncture treatments matters! Let’s schedule you for a weekly appointment to make sure you’re getting the most consistent results possible. Call me today!
Rebecca M H Kitzerow is a Licensed Acupuncturist practicing in La Center, Washington. With over a decade of experience she has won 10 Nattie consumer choice awards from Natural Awakenings Magazine since 2014.